Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh. It's only Ike...

So we are preparing. Boarding windows, Pulling in the horses, boarding up the barn, checking fence lines, stocking up on stuff. Hurricane Ike is coming. He's looking to hit Houston Directly, which we are about 30 minutes north of Houston. Everyone is being evacuated by zip code and we are relocating up to Dallas, when Uncle Richard gets home. It's already windy and raining, so we are hoping we are going to be about to get out of here. Aunt Lorrie doesn't want to leave, she keeps saying it won't hit here, I've been here 24 years and we only get wind...blah blah blah. I dont want to take any chances, If Jarrid and i are the only two to go, then we are the only two to go. BTSAM wants us to go to Dallas, so We will go to Dallas. Baby and I. I will help with all the preparations, but after that I'm putting our stuff into the rental car and I will make the drive to Dallas with or witout any one else. I'm sorry, all it takes is one time, when it hits, and staying in a double wide trailer isn't really that protective froma hurricane, even if he's hit the land. Aunt Lorrie says that she wonders what they are hiding from everyone about the hurricane because they are giving so much warning and they are evacuating everyone so early.

I say we just leave, but that's just me. If I have to I will change my plane ticket to fly out of Dallas and I'll come to maine. I need to think about the safety of my baby.

No comments: