Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HOLY SNOW!

It's SNOWING!

IT IS SNOWING IN CALIFORNIA!!!! AHHHH!!! exciting.

So I promised I would say what went on with Bella. So here it goes.

Saturday was the day we supposed to bring her to the beagle rescue. I had to work saturday morning so I went into work, but I was a mess. Kristine asked me what was wrong and I told her that we had to give Bella away today, Heather heard me and said "Hey! My parents' pug just died, and they just got a beagle and they want another one, Do you want me to call and see if they want Bella?"

I quickly went through the pros and cons of this situation and decided that Because I knew heather was such an animal lover I figured her family was too so I felt it would be best for Bella if she went to a home that I knew she would be well taken care of. So I said sure.

Heather called her family and they said yes, so after I got out of work I went and picked up Bella and drove down to Citrus Heights again (which is 45 mins away) to bring Bella to Heather at work.

I arrived and told Heather that we were there and she called her parents and they came to work.
Heather's step mom got out of the truck picked up Bella, put her in the back seat of the truck, grabbed her things gave me a hug and left. I didn't even get to say bye. I just smiled and told myself that I'll be able to see her later.

So monday I get on the computer and check my e-mail and i get an e-mail from the Lady at the beagle rescue that went like this:

Samantha,
I didn't know if you were rehoming Belle via Craigslist for $100.00 or if the person you gave her to is selling her on Craigslist. Either way I certainly hope that you make a responsiblie decision for her and that she finds a permanent home with folks who will spay her, understand the breed and meet all of her needs. Her fate depends on you.

That's it.
My jaw hit the floor, I was like this can't be true, so I went onto craigslist and found this ad.

PURE BREED BEAGLE
Reply to: (I took it out.)
Date: 2008-01-27, 2:42PM PST

Hi i have a pure breed beagle.
Her name is Bella she is 6 months old.
she is a very cute dog no papers.
Im asking a rehoming fee of $100.00.
She comes with clothes,toys.
Great with kids.

Location: CITRUS HEIGHTS

At this point I started balling my eyes out. What the hell, that is my dog! What are the odds that There are two pure bred beagle puppys in Citrus Heights named Bella that comes with toys and clothes, that has no papers. The reason why she has no papers is cause I STILL HAVE THEM!

So I called Heather to find out what the hell happened. Notice the posting date. Sunday at 2:42 pm. They had Bella for just over a day before this was posted.

This is the conversation that went on with heather when she finally called me back. (Warning: foul language was used, but that's how mad I was)

Heather: All calm and cool "Hey what's up?"
Me: Obviously upset and clearly has been crying. "Hey is your step-mom selling bella for 100.00?"
Heather: Still a bit calm but now relising that I'm upset. "Yeah,"
Me: Now pissed because it is Bella. "Why?"
Heather: Getting defensive. "Well I guess when they got home Bella was Hella scared and wouldn't do anything and she just wasn't working out."
Me: Even more pissed now. "So you fucking put an ad on craigs list for her?"
Heather: Really defensive. "Whats the difference between my Step-mom finding her a good home and you finding her a home."
Me: "You couldn't have called me? I would have come and picked her up if it wasn't working it's not a problem, you have no right to sell her."
Heather: Now she's pissed also. "It was a rehoming fee my step-mom didn't get any of the money."
Me: "Why didn't you call me, again I would have come picked her up."
Heather: "what the hell is the problem, you are blowing this way out of proportion, Bella is with the neighbors and I guess she is doing fine."
Me: "I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I gave Bella to your step-mom for FREE because that's where I wanted her to be, If I didn't care where she was going I would have put up an ad on craigslist myself and sold her for what she was worth. I obviously made a bad choice in trusting you."
Heather: Now is extremely pissed. "Look your the one who ruined my day off, and now your ruining my dinner."
Me: "Whatever Heather, just give me the address to where Bella is and I'll go pick her up and take care of this myself. I dont fucking abondon my family members which is what pets usually are to their owners, so I guess your family is just fucked up, and from what I've been hearing I guess they are and they don't deserve a good and loyal dog like Bella."
Heather: "She's not even trained like you said she was!"
Me: "No, she's trained it took us 7 months to train her, your step mom just didn't listen to me when I told her that Bella's leash needs to be where she can get it so she can let you know when she needs to go out side, that's her fault. That dog is the best damn dog anyone could ask for, you and your family just took advantage of me, with intentions of selling her the whole time and that is dumb that you would do that to someone, what kind of human being are you to not care about other peoples things, or their feelings. Of coarse Bella was scared out of her mind she's an 8 month old puppy and your step mom took her from me with out me even getting to say goodbye, it's a brand new house, new smells, new family and New dog and you expected her to just adjust immeadeately when all she's know is Jackson and I. That's fucking bullshit heather and you know it, you guys gave her less then a day to even adjust and the fact that you didn't call me was irresponsible and immature. you clearly dont care as much about animals as you say you do, cause you would have known that It would have taken a while for Bella to get used to the new surroundings. So you know what, just give me the address and I will go pick Bella up myself and I will do the right thing and apologize to the people that have her because this was all a big mistake and I will never trust you ever again."
Heather: "whatever I'll give it to you at work tomorrow" *click*

Jokes on her I'm calling out today. There is no way I'm going to be able to deal with the stress of work, cause everyone will ask what's wrong and I'll have to tell them and the circle will start all over again. So I'm gunna call Melissa and tell her that I've been having contractions all day cause I've stressed myself out too much (which isn't nessisarily a lie, I have had a few contractions this morning, but once again they are just the braxton hicks contractions and my doctor isn't worried.) and tell her that I'm trying to get ahold of Maddie to cover my shift because I asked her yesterday and I think she wants the more hours and then ask melissa to ask heather to call me when she gets off work with the number for the people so that I can call and talk to them.

I dont think I'll go pick up bella because I cant deal with losing her twice, I just want to talk to the people and tell them everything that is going on, because I'm sure tey think I'm a total bitch, but I just want to meet them and see bella and know that she is going to be ok, and tell them that if they want her papers they can pay $200.00 dollars for them because of the entire situation, and ask them if it's ok if i see her every once in a while and that if they have ANY problems whatsoever to call me and I can help, becuase I know this dog better then anyone else could imagine.

And that is my post. Now I go read Sheepy aunts blog to make me laugh.

No comments: