Monday, February 25, 2008

Could it be?

this is not an official announcement for jackson and I are not telling anyone in fear of jinxing it, since that seems to be the pattern the past couple of weeks, but I figure I'm not telling anyone if they are reading about it right?

At 12:45 last night Jackson and I were in bed when I was overcome with horrible pain in my lower back and my abdomen.
and by horrible I mean the sharp stabbing pain in my abdomen and the crushing of my pathetic little tail bone.

I figured it was how Jarrid was laying because this pain wasn't coming in waves like contractions it was just constant pain.
Pretty close to being the worst pain ever might I add. And I have felt pain.

Jackson got up and actually called the doctor without me asking him too.
I think big tough army man was concerned.

The doctor basically instructed me to take two tylonal and call him in the morning.
We woke him up, and by the term we i mean the nurse. And he was not a happy camper. This is the same doctor who is afraid of Jackson, and by afraid i mean he comes pretty close to spoiling his pants when Jackson walks into the room. The nurses find it hilarious.

Well I didn't take the tylonal.
why should I? I had my man boots on.

Instead Jackson suggested a hot shower, maybe they would turn into contractions.
He was just promoted to Big Tough Smart Army Man.

So I took a shower and just as Jackson suggested, they turned into contractions.
powerful ones.

So we started timing them.
oh the joy of counting!

As the counting progress we relised that they were 2 minutes apart and very painful. Well the general rule is 'wait until they are 5 minutes apart for a couple hours.' Well they were two minutes apart and stayed that way for an hour and a half before BTSAM suggested we go to the hospital. I agreed.

We also agreed to not call anyone just in case it was another false alarm and agreed that we would alert the families when water was broken or when I got admitted into the hospital, that way they wouldn't get the "False Excitement" that I know I get.
We are tired of the 'false starts' so I think we've officially given up on spreading excitement until we know that he is actually coming out.

We arrived to the hospital and all that jazz, got put on monitors and everything and learned that with all this pain I was only 1 centimeter dilated. But they agreed that I was in labor.
i didn't need a doctor to tell me that, I could have told them that.

So the nurse said that Dr. didn't want me staying at the hospital but she disobeyed him and kept me for an hour just to see if there was any change in dilation, if there was she would admit me, if not she would send me home.

Well a painful hour later I was still only 1 centimeter so she said she was going to give me Vistral and send me home to labor at home.
it was at this point when she left the room that i looked at jackson and he got that look on his face saying 'Well guess he's not coming tonight.' I grinned and said 'I'm not taking it.' He looked at me like 'I wanna see you try' and then sat back in the chair.

She came back and gave me the medication. I placed it in my mouth like a good girl and took a big drink of water.
Jackson watched every move.

I quickly signed the discharge papers and turned my back to the nurse at which point I dug the two horse pills out from under my tongue. Jackson stared at me wide-eyed. I placed the pills in my pocket and finished talking to the nurse and waddled my butt down the hallway and out the doors at which point I took the pills out of my pocket and crumpled them up in my discharge papers.
one way or another this kid was coming out and I was not going to stop it again. He's obviously trying to come out for a reason, I will gladly allow this to happen.

So we went home and I'm still currently laboring at home, the contractions have not changed at all, still 2 minutes apart and still pretty painful, but I am managing, I've discovered natural ways for relieving the pain, My velvet teddy for instance has been very kind and allowed me to cuddle him while having contractions, which the velvet of his fur seems to have a calming effect on me. So jackson is now home from work and he is taking a nap, while I cook some dinner. After that we are going to walk around walmart and the grocery store with his mom cause walking brings on babies.

So that is the update, If I get admitted or my water breaks i will be calling everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!! How wonderful to get the e-mail from your Mom telling about the new arrival. Keep healthy and happy. Easy for me to say, but enjoy every minute, Jarrid will be growing so fast. It is hard to enjoy the long crying jags, but it won't last long. Give him a big kiss and hug for us.
G in FL