Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Zombie Valentines at 34 weeks

Once again I am going to be a walking zombie.

But good news, according to my doctor it's normal for women to not sleep well in their last couple months due to not being able to get comfortable.

That sucks. A lot.

I tossed and turned all night long again, this time the foot was removed (Thank god) but rolling over is proving to be ever more difficult, and the frequent bathrooms breaks is driving me nuts. But I guess this is what happens.

As I have already stated I had a doctors appointment yesterday, as I have had them every two weeks for the past couple months and now we are upgrading (!) to every week (!).

After feeling around on my stomach for about 5 minutes Dr. came to the conclusion that Jarrid was in the head down position and at this point if I was to go into labor once again he wouldn't stop it and we would just have a baby. We were given the o.k to do what we wanted, which means I don't need to rest so much anymore, of coarse when I'm tired I need to lay down, but other then that I'm free to walk around the mall again.

Which store waddling has become a sport in my mind. But it really depends on the means as to why we are there. If we are just there to walk around and get some exercise then can keep up with Jackson for he walks at the normal human pace.

But if we are looking for something, or we have something to do and the mall is just an errand, then that is a whole other story. At this rate I feel that I am waddling so fast I might fall over. Which wouldn't be good, just picture a wide load toppled over on the highway. Traffic would be stopped for miles.

But as we all know today is that day that single women hate, men fear, and women with significant others pull their hair out as to what to get their hubby. Yes that's right folks, prepare yourself it's Valentines Day.

A moment for gasping and recollecting ourselves.



And moment is over.

Valentines Day is kinda really crap. If you think about it. It's probably the only day out of the year that if you don't have a significant other, today is the day you probably wanna slit your wrists, as you sit at work watching all the other ladies get Flowers and candy and teddy bears and all that mushy crap. Don't get me wrong mushy crap is fun, when your on the receiving end of it, but if not it sucks.

Not only does Valentines Day probably have the highest suicide rate (morbid I know) but I wouldn't be surprised if it also had the highest homicide rate. (even more morbid)

I mean what single woman wants to go to work, or even out into the world on a day that couples are celebrated? I know I wouldn't.

But as for me I can gladly say I am not single, nor do I think that I have been single on valentines day since 7th grade. But still I can say that this holiday sucks, and probably should be taken off the calender.

I mean even if you do have a significant other what the hell are you supposed to get them? I don't know about you but I don't see big army guys who play around with tools all day the type to want a teddy bear. See my dilemma? I was trying to win Carrie Underwood tickets, but for some reason for the past week I was listening to the radio at the wrong times and couldn't figure out why they weren't giving away tickets. Till I e-mailed the radio station and found out the real times. So that idea went out the window, I'm still gonna try to win them, but I guess they just wont be for valentines day. So now is the fact as to what I should get him. I'd cook a nice dinner but the propane company has yet to show up so we still don't have hot water, a stove, or heat. you know those small things that don't really matter. So cooking a nice dinner is out of the question. And lets be honest, in all my pregnant glory and can't really just get all dolled up and look all cute for when he gets home from work all greasy and dirty. Because one: i just don't feel cute. and Two: i know that pregnant people creep him out sort of. The idea that there is a human inside of me scares him a bit. Which i completely understand. It scares the crap out of me.

So this is my problem, and now that I am tired again I will retreat to the bedroom to fall back asleep.


***Update***

After awaking this morning I rolled out of bed at 11:00 am (Wow 4 straight hours of sleep!) and called work to see if our checks were in. I was given the ok to go pick it up so I mosied my way down to work to pick up my money. After cashing my check at the nearest US Bank and convincing the teller that it would not be in my best interest to open up an account and that she should just give me my money so I can get my errands done.

So I finally got my money and stopped off to get Jackson at least a valentine card. While browsing the store I stumbled upon a red TY hippo named Lovely. (Searched the site to find him only to learn that he is now retired.) But I found his picture:

I think it is adorable. Sure it's a stuffed animal, but looking at all the TY Classic
animals I've decided that I want to start collecting the Baby TY
for Jarrid because they are just all so cute.

So Jackson now has a red lovely hippo, with 4 of his favorite energy drinks and a card from me that says: "I love you because even though you can't understand me half the time..." and then on the inside it says "You still stand me"
Which is completely 100% true because he's always saying "Sam sometimes I just don't understand you," or "Sometimes I really worry about you..." Mostly these are said when I say something that make absolutely no sense. like "Low the mawn" or "Use the garbage disposal" to destroy credit cards. He actually thinks I would have put credit cards in the garbage disposal, Ok I'm blond but not that blond.

So his present now sits in the fridge cause I want to keep the drinks cold. lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy Valentine's Day. Never thought that fancy cards or expensive gifts made the day. You can say "I love you" with just a smile and a few minutes spent together doing something special. A picnic in the back yard, or watching a sunset together can be as romantic as any other activity. Just tell Jarrid to keep his feet and fists still.
"G" in FL